If you want to improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile, veneers may be the right option. Veneers are extremely thin shells that fit over the front of your teeth to correct some cosmetic issues. You can achieve a brighter, more evenly shaped smile with veneers New York.
When you book an appointment with your doctor, they will assess your needs and determine the best veneers. After discussing the best material for your veneers, you will go through the process of designing and fitting them.
The process entails removing a thin layer of enamel from your teeth and placing the veneers. The process usually takes two visits, during which you can look forward to improving your cosmetic dental issues.
Examples of veneers include:
- Porcelain Veneers: These are usually used for cosmetic purposes and provide a natural-looking finish.
- Composite Veneers: Composite veneers are ideal when making minor corrections. They can also be used to correct unevenly shaped teeth.
- Instant Veneers: This is the quickest way to get veneers, as they are applied directly onto the teeth.
Here are some of the top cosmetic problems that veneers can treat:
Veneers can whiten or brighten teeth that have become stained or discolored due to aging, certain medications, smoking, or excessive consumption of coffee and wine. Your doctor can customize the color of the veneers to suit your desired shade. The best way to ensure a natural-looking outcome after your veneers are placed is to work closely with your doctor and discuss the specific color of white you would like.
Chips or cracks
Teeth that have been chipped, cracked, broken off, or worn down can be restored using veneers. Veneers provide an effective solution for these types of damage and can help to return your teeth to a natural shape.
Teeth that are short, pointed, or misshapen can be corrected with veneers. These shells fit over the front of your existing teeth to create the desired length and shape while giving you a more attractive and symmetrical smile.
Gaps between teeth
Veneers are an excellent solution for closing gaps or spaces between the front teeth. This can help improve your smile’s overall aesthetic while restoring balance to your mouth. The gap closure can also help reduce your gum disease risk, which can occur when bacteria accumulate in the gaps between teeth.
After the procedure, you need to maintain your veneers to keep them looking their best. Below are some of the ways to do it:
- Brush your teeth twice a day: Brushing should be done with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride-based toothpaste.
- Floss every day: This helps remove plaque and food particles between the teeth, preventing decay and gum disease.
- Limit your consumption of sugary and acidic foods: The sugars in these foods can cause bacteria to accumulate on the veneers, leading to decay.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports: This helps to protect your veneers from damage caused by contact with hard objects or surfaces.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Scheduling regular checkups and cleanings is essential for maintaining good dental health and keeping your veneers looking their best.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, consult your dental specialist at Daniel Wank, DDS.